Updated December 3, 2022
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW IT IS USED
We collect information from users of our Website, potential clients and clients of our services, suppliers and vendors (actual and potential), applicants for employment and participants in events that we may organize or promote. The information collected can identify a User or may, with reasonable efforts, cause the identification of a User (“Personal Information”) when you:
· Request to try and/or use our products and services;
· When you submit your resume for one of the positions offered on our Website;
· Commence direct communications with us either in relation to a query or complaint; and/or
· Subscribe to receive marketing materials from us.
Request to try and/or use our services. We will ask you to provide us with Personal Information as described above for the purposes of creating a User account or contacting you, when you use or choose to try our products and services (“Account”). When opening an Account, providing us with the following Personal Information is mandatory:
· First name and last name
· Email address
· Phone number
· Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
· Statistical Information
We may also collect your Personal Information from social media platforms such as Facebook, including your Facebook access token, Facebook ID, name and email, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
During the process of creating an Account, you can choose to share with us additional information (which may also be considered Personal Information) such as your work/home phone number, job title, and place of residence.
Commencing direct communications with us. We collect Personal Information when you commence direct communications with us, for example via our Website inquiry form, by telephone or writing to us. When you commence direct communications with us, we will retain such communication(s) and the accompanying Personal Information for the amount of time necessary to adequately and professionally process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services to our Users. When commencing a communication with us, we will usually collect your first and last name, email address, and any additional information you may choose to provide.
Submitting your resume. We collect your Personal Information when you submit your resume via email or our Website or a third-party website that you access through our Website, such as your name, email, phone number, the content of your resume and any other information you choose to share with us, in order to properly process your application, and contact you should a position be relevant for you.
Subscribe to receive marketing materials from us. When you consent to us sending you marketing materials, for example our newsletter or blog digest, we will collect your Personal Information, such as first name, last name, work email, phone number, job title, and average amount spent per month on social media.
Collection of non-personal, Statistical Information. When accessing or using our Website, we will also collect non-personal, aggregate information about your interaction with our Website, including your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, search inquiries, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, non-identifiable cookies, your domain type and server and other diagnostic data (and collectively, “Statistical Information”). We collect this type of Statistical Information in order to analyze and improve User’s use of the Website, customer support, sales intelligence and for debugging purposes.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website.
Other uses of your information. The Company will also use the data we collect for other various purposes:
· To initiate or to provide the features, services and products available through the Website or our services.
· To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us, account alerts, or other communications, such as newsletters to which you have subscribed.
· To contact you with information or surveys that we believe may be of interest to you both regarding our products and services and those of third parties.
· To process and respond to your inquiries or to request your feedback, for internal research and reporting.
· To maintain and improve the content and features of the Website or our services or develop new services.
· To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Website or services.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website or services when you choose to do so.
· To provide customer support.
· To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Website or our services.
· To administer and troubleshoot the Website or our services.
If you use our products, services or Website, we may receive various types of information and content from you, including (1) your contact information (such as your first and last name, email address, and phone number), (2) information to support a “multi-factor” authentication (to provide heightened security), (3) content you upload (such as identification or other documentation), and (4) information regarding the websites and applications that you visit and use through our products and services. for authentication. Company requires the use of multi-factor authentication to provide increased security on the Internet.
HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE YOUR INFORMATION
In some circumstances we may store your Personal Information for longer periods of time, for example (i) where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements (e.g., if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), or (ii) for us to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or (iii) if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Information or dealings, or (iv) to resolve disputes, or (v) to enforce our legal agreements and policies.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition, we will share some (or all) of your Personal Information in the manner and for the purposes described below:
- With third parties who help manage our business and deliver services (i.e., our subcontractors). These third parties have agreed to confidentiality restrictions, as well as complying with applicable privacy and data protection laws, and will use any Personal Information we share with them solely for the purpose of providing the contracted service(s) to us.
- To the extent necessary, with regulators, to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies or if required to do so by court order.
- To protect and defend the rights or property of PRophet, and/or to protect against legal liability.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our Website or services.
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Website, services or the public.
- If, in the future, we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets to a third party, we will (to the minimum extent required) disclose information to a potential or actual third-party purchaser of our business or assets.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We ensure transfers within PRophet will be covered by an agreement entered into by members of the Company which contractually obliges each member to ensure that Personal Information receives an adequate and consistent level of protection wherever it is transferred to.
When we transfer your Personal Information outside of the Company, for example to third parties who help provide our products and services, we will obtain contractual commitments from them to protect your Personal Information. Some of these assurances are well recognized certification schemes like the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield for the protection of Personal Information transferred from within the EU to the United States.
Where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before any Personal Information is disclosed.
THE LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only collect, use and share your Personal Information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. Such legal bases include:
- Our use of your Personal Information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g., for the purpose of providing you with our services, processing your resume, creating your user account, registering to a PRophet event, or communicating with you in relation to a query or complaint).
- You have provided your consent to us using the Personal Information (e.g., where you provide us with consents or opt-in to receive marketing materials and/or optional additional services or functionalities).
- Our use of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have (e.g., the disclosure of information to law enforcement or tax authorities).
The following rights (which may be subject to certain exemptions or derogations), shall apply in addition to the above to Users of the Website and/or our services who are protected by the GDPR:
- The right to access. You have the right to access information we have about you. Your right of access is normally exercised free of charge; however we reserve the right to charge an appropriate administrative fee where permitted by applicable law.
- The right to revise. You have the right to revise your Personal Information by editing your Account details, or request that we amend any Personal Information we hold that it is inaccurate or misleading.
- The right to delete. You have the right to request deletion of the Personal Information that relates to you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- The right to object or restrict processing. You have the right to object to or request restriction of the processing. Again, there may be circumstances in which we are legally entitled to refuse your request.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to receive your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and that you have the right to transmit that data to another controller.
- The right to object profiling. You have the right to object to profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e., your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement) at any time. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before you contact your local supervisory authority.
- The right to withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent. Again, there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to continue processing your data, in particular if the processing is required to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- The right to request transfer basis details. You also have the right to request details of the basis on which your Personal Information is transferred outside the European Economic Area, but you acknowledge that data transfer agreements may need to be partially redacted for reasons of commercial confidentiality.
You can exercise your rights at any time by emailing email@example.com. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honor your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfill your request. When processing your request, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the Personal Information requested to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
In the event that your request would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (for example, would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others) or if we are legally entitled to deal with your request in a different way than initially requested, we will address your request to the maximum extent possible, all in accordance with applicable law.
DIRECT MARKETING AND HOW YOU CNA MANAGE YOUR PREFERENCES
We may use your Personal Information to let you know about our products and services that we believe will be of interest to you. We may contact you by email, or telephone or through other communication channels. In all cases, we will respect your preferences for how you would like us to manage marketing activity with you.
For the purpose of protecting your privacy and to ensure you have control over how we manage marketing with you:
- We will take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level and only send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you;
- You can ask us to stop direct marketing at any time – you can ask us to stop sending email marketing, by following the ‘unsubscribe’ link you will find on all the email marketing messages we send you. Alternatively, you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify whether you would like us to stop all forms of marketing or just a particular type (e.g., email); and
- You can change the way your browser manages cookies, which may be used to deliver online advertising, by following the settings on your browser.
COOKIES, WEB PIXELS AND ONLINE ANALYTICS
Our Website may use certain third-party analytics providers and tracking technologies such as “Cookies”, as defined below, and similar tools to track the activity on our Website and/or services and assist in collecting and holding certain information.
· Lead Forensics: https://www.leadforensics.com/privacy-and-cookies/.
· Leadlander: https://www.leadlander.com/privacy-policy/.
· LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
· Instagram: https://privacycenter.instagram.com/policy.
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/policy/.
· Twitter: http://twitter.com/privacy.
· Hubspot: http://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy.
If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising, by opting out of many of the online advertising and data platforms that provide this advertising, you may go to the DAA opt-out portal at http://aboutads.info, or the NAI opt-out portal at http://www.networkadvertising.org.
Cookies. A Cookie is a small text file that is stored in a web browser directory by a website or an advertisement related action. Our Website uses two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are created temporarily in your web browser directory while you are visiting a website and are deleted once you leave the website. Persistent cookies remain in your web browser and are activated again once you visit the website that created that specific cookie.
information. We will not use the above technologies to collect Personal Information without obtaining your permission, unless where we are permitted to do so under applicable privacy laws.
Please note that your browser enables you to disable all cookies (if you do not know how to do this, check out the “Help” file of your browser), however, this may interfere with your use of the Website or other internet websites.
If you would like to opt-out of the non-personally identifying cookies that our Website may use, please contact us by emailing email@example.com. If you use a new computer, upgrade or change web browsers or take any action which results in the deletion of the “opt out” cookie, you will need to perform this opt-out process again upon any such change.
For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
Pixels or web beacons. Pixels or web beacons may also communicate information from your Internet browser to a web server. Pixels can
be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, and can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Web beacon, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Web beacon was viewed.
We sometimes work with third parties to advertise, provide or complement our services, and these partners may set and access their own Cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on your device. Likewise, if you receive email from us, we may use these technologies to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
The information collected and stored through these technologies includes IP address, unique identifiers, time stamps, browser type and other browser information, referring website, and more generally, what web pages you visit and how you interact with them, and what ads you view and how you interact with them. We and our partners, including Google Analytics, may also use these technologies for analyzing usage trends, assisting with fraud prevention, and providing certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
USE BY CHILDREN
Our Website and services are intended for general audiences and not for children. We do not offer our products or services for use by children. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use the Website, or provide any information to the Website without involvement of a parent or a guardian. We do not knowingly collect information from, and/or about children. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information (as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 18, we will take reasonable steps to delete is as soon as practical.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this notice and the data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.